more power to someone's elbowidiom
Definition of more power to someone's elbow
—used to say that one approves of what someone is doing and hopes it will be successful If he wants to write a book, more power to his elbow!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game