more like itidiom
Definition of more like it
—used to say that something is better or more pleasing "I've done twice as much today as yesterday!" "Well, that's more like it! Congratulations!"It was a long and tiring day, but as the waiter brought me my dinner, I thought to myself, "Well, this is more like it."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game