mo·nop·ter·al | \ (ˈ)mä¦näptərəl, (ˈ)mō¦-\
Definition of monopteral
in circular buildings
: marked by columniation consisting of a single ring of supporting columns without a cella
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game