mo·nan·drous | \ -rəs\
Definition of monandrous
1 [ mon- + -androus ]
a of a plant : having flowers with a single stamen many orchids are monandrous
b of a flower : having a single stamen
2 [ Greek monandros, from mon- + -andros having (such or so many) men ] : of, relating to, or characterized by monandry a monandrous family system
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?