moi·dore | \ ˈmȯiˌdō(ə)r \
variants: or less commonly moeda
Definition of moidore
: a gold coin of Portugal and Brazil that was minted from about 1640 to 1732 and contained 4.93 grams of fine gold also : a corresponding unit of value
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game