misprogrammed or misprogramed; misprogramming or misprograming
Definition of misprogram
: to program (something, such as a machine) incorrectly Apparently the sender had meant to broadcast the message to different recipients but had misprogrammed the [fax] machine.— Peter H. Lewis If you don't also learn to master the negative ego, it will not only misprogram your thinking, it will misprogram all your feelings and emotions …— Joshua David Stone
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game