Definition of mismeasure
: to measure (something) badly or incorrectly : to make a mistake in measuring … the mahogany paneling for the storefront had been mismeasured and arrived too large for the opening and had to be sent back.— Alan J. Heavens In the land of Julius Caesar—a brilliant politician who nonetheless mismeasured, fatally, the temper of the Roman Senate—it is hard to fathom why, as political animals, we can never seem to ingest the most basic laws of cause and effect.— Ingrid D. Rowland
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game