Definition of mislocated
: badly, poorly, or improperly located … [David] Letterman was languishing, severely mislocated, on a cutting-edge comedy talk show at 10 A.M.—a slot traditionally keyed to housewives.— James Kaplan Cryptorchism originates in fetal development, where the affected testicle is more permanently mislocated in the lower abdomen.— Paul G. Donahue a mislocated fastball
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game