variants: or less commonly miscal or mithkal \ miˈskäl , mithˈkäl \
Definition of miskal
1 : any of various units of weight of Muslim countries: such as
a : a Persian unit equal to about 71 grains
b : a Turkish unit equal to 74.2 grains
: a unit of value of former Chinese Turkestan 5, 4, 3, and 2 miskal silver coins struck 1900–11
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game