variants: or less commonly miscal or mithkal \ miˈskäl , mithˈkäl \
Definition of miskal
1 : any of various units of weight of Muslim countries: such as
a : a Persian unit equal to about 71 grains
b : a Turkish unit equal to 74.2 grains
: a unit of value of former Chinese Turkestan 5, 4, 3, and 2 miskal silver coins struck 1900–11
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game