Definition of misconstruction
1 : a wrong interpretation (as of words, intentions, or actions) : an act or instance of misconstruing something a complete misconstruction of my words
2 : a bad or wrong construction Catachresis … is a striking, even extreme, implied metaphor that often makes use of a grammatical misconstruction.— Robert A. Harris
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?