Definition of minor leaguer
: a player in the minor leagues He was a minor leaguer before he was drafted into the majors. —sometimes used figuratively The police decided he was a minor leaguer in the drug trafficking world.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game