\ ˈmifē, -fi\
Definition of miffy
1 : inclined to take offense : touchy next afternoon the miffy matron was back — Tuscaloosa (Alabama) News
2 : requiring favorable conditions for growth the saxifrage plants were miffy
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game