Definition of middle way (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a course of action, mode of conduct, or policy for action or conduct between two extremes: such as
a usually capitalized M&W : middle path
b : a system of democratic economy between individualism and socialism
2 obsolete : the middle of one's way
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?