Definition of middle way (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a course of action, mode of conduct, or policy for action or conduct between two extremes: such as
a usually capitalized M&W : middle path
b : a system of democratic economy between individualism and socialism
2 obsolete : the middle of one's way
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game