variants: or less commonly micky
plural mickeys also mickies
Definition of mickey
1 sometimes capitalized, often disparaging + offensive : irishman
2 plural usually mickies : potato sense 2a(2) roast mickies in the gutter fires— Joseph Mitchell
3 usually capitalized : mickey finn as soon slip you a Mickey as look at you— Merle Miller
take the mickey (out of someone) British, informal
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game