me·sto | \ ˈme(ˌ)stō\
Definition of mesto
(Entry 1 of 2)
: sad and pensive —used as a direction in music
Definition of mesto (Entry 2 of 2)
: a musical composition of sad and pensive character
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?