Definition of mercaptobenzothiazole
: a crystalline heterocyclic compound C7H4NS(SH) made by heating aniline, sulfur, and carbon disulfide and used chiefly as an accelerator for the vulcanization of rubber
— called also 2-mercaptobenzothiazole
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game