Definition of mentally
1 : in the mind Mentally he promised himself that he would never again use a collar on any living creature.— Brian Jacques : using the mind able to mentally calculate large sums
2 : with regard to the mind or its capacity physically and mentally healthy people a mentally competent adult a mentally challenging activity … if you try to hide the fact that you feel mentally inadequate, and so go around making jokes about your own dullness and acting as if it didn't bother you at all …— David Foster Wallace I felt too hungry and tired and mentally overloaded to ask any more questions.— Rick Riordan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game