menominee whitefishnoun, often capitalized M
me·nom·i·nee whitefish | \ mə̇ˈnämənē-\
Definition of menominee whitefish
: a small whitefish (Prosopium quadrilaterale) occurring in lakes in Canada, Alaska, and parts of the northern U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game