menominee whitefishnoun, often capitalized M
me·nom·i·nee whitefish | \ mə̇ˈnämənē-\
Definition of menominee whitefish
: a small whitefish (Prosopium quadrilaterale) occurring in lakes in Canada, Alaska, and parts of the northern U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game