mel·i·lite | \ ˈmeləˌlīt\
Definition of melilite
: an often honey-yellow mineral (Ca,Na2)(Mg,Fe,Al)(Si,Al)2O7 occurring in small tetragonal crystals that is a silicate of sodium, calcium, aluminum, and iron especially : a member of the series consisting of an isomorphous solid-solution series between gehlenite and akermanite
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game