mea·sure·man | \ ˈmezhə(r)mən, ˈmāzh- \
Definition of measureman
: a worker whose job is measuring: such as
a : a paper mill worker who measures and inspects pulpwood to determine its value and its best uses
b : one who measures rooms to estimate the amount of floor covering needed
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game