Definition of measure line
: a line of known or ascertainable length put into or allowed to remain in a picture (as a linear perspective or a photograph) and often used in the determination or measurement of other lines
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game