Definition of meadowfoam
: any of a genus (Limnanthes of the family Limnanthaceae) of annual herbs of the Pacific coast of North America having white or yellow flowers and including some (such as L. alba) grown for their seeds which yield an oil used chiefly as an industrial lubricant and in cosmetics
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game