Definition of mass production
: production of goods in considerable quantities usually by machinery Beginning with the mass production of cotton clothing, the Industrial Revolution produced a parade of synthetic fabrics, including nylon and rayon.— Joseph A. Amato Despite the larger commercial space, Sans Souci maintains their artisanal philosophy: no machines, no preservatives, and no mass production. Everything is hand-dipped and cut.— Amy Johansson We learned about the railroad … and the way the mass production of nails revolutionized the building of balloon-frame houses …— David Updike
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?