man·u·duc·tion | \ ˌmanyəˈdəkshən\
Definition of manuduction
1 : the act of guiding or leading (as by the hand) the ground over which he had accepted my hurried manuduction— W. E. Gladstone
2 : something that guides or leads : introduction a pleasant and scholarly manuduction into alchemical byways— F. O. Taylor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?