man·tis·pid | \ -pə̇d\
Definition of mantispid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to the Mantispidae
Definition of mantispid (Entry 2 of 2)
: an insect of the family Mantispidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?