Definition of man upstairs
the man upstairs or the Man Upstairs
: god As luck, fate, or the man upstairs would have it, the storm subsides by morning.— Steve Howe Even though these people may execute me, they have to meet the man upstairs too.— Elvis Wesbrook … parachuting or hang gliding can send you soaring heavenward … sooner than the Man Upstairs is expecting you.— Melissa Gotthardt
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game