manned up; manning up; mans up
Definition of man up
informal : to make an effort to deal with something (such as an obligation or a challenge) in a way that is considered strong or manly "… You're starting a family. Man up. Time to do grown man things."— Cassanova Womack … man up and be honest that what you did that night was wrong.— Lenny Rosado
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game