mam·mil·late | \ ˈmaməˌlāt\
variants: or mammillated \ -ātə̇d \ or less commonly mamillate \ -āt \ or mamillated \ -ātə̇d \
Definition of mammillate
1 : having nipples or small protuberances like nipples
2a : having the form of a bluntly rounded protuberance
b : having a hummocky rock surface with many smoothly rounded knobs or mounds formed especially as a result of glacial erosion the mammillated variety of glaciated surface— C. A. Cotton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game