make the best ofidiom
Definition of make the best of
1 : to use (something) in an effective way We may not get another chance, so we need to make the best of this opportunity.
2 : to deal with (a bad situation) as well as possible Life is not very good right now—but let's try to make the best of it. (British) We're trying to make the best of a bad job.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game