Definition of make an unsuccessful run for
: to fail at an attempt to win (something) She made an unsuccessful run for a seat in the Senate.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Keeping 'Vane,' 'Vain,' and 'Vein' Properly Circulating
- Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble: On ‘Kettling’
- Can ‘Criteria’ Ever Be Singular?
- The Words of the Week - 7/10/20
Ask the Editors
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- A More Exception(al) Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game