make (something) stickidiom
Definition of make (something) stick
: to make it difficult or impossible to move (something) from a place or position —often used figuratively He repeated the information several times to make it stick (in their minds).You can charge him with fraud, but you'll need more evidence if you want to make the charge stick when it comes to a trial.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game