ma·ka·ra | \ ˈməkərə \
Definition of makara
: a water monster of Hindu religious myth that is represented in religious art as having the body of a crocodile and head of an antelope and as being the steed of Varuna and the emblem of Kamadeva
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game