mag·a·dize | \ -ˌdīz\
Definition of magadize
1 : to sing or play in octaves the Greek practice of magadizing, in which … lay the fundamental principle of polyphony— H. E. Wooldridge
2 : to play on the magadis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?