Definition of low-maintenance
1 : requiring little care or maintenance low-maintenance fabrics a low-maintenance garden What was also high on their beauty wish list? Keeping their natural hair as a basis for a look that is professional as well as low-maintenance. — Essence
2 of a person : not tending to cause problems or demand attention : easy and pleasant to deal with or work with "Bobby Jay is one of those high-character, low-maintenance guys you look for," said Rick Dudley, Lightning vice president of hockey operations. "He has a tremendous work ethic."— Nancy Marrapese-Burrell He's a rare breed, a low-maintenance White House aide.— Fred Barnes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game