lose one's gripidiom
Definition of lose one's grip
: to lose control of one's thoughts and emotions : to lose one's ability to think or behave in a normal way I've never seen him so confused and indecisive—he really seems to be losing his grip. The patient seems to be losing his grip on reality.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game