loosen someone's tongueidiom
Definition of loosen someone's tongue
: to cause someone to talk more freely : to cause someone to say things that would not usually be said Drinking alcohol can loosen your tongue.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game