look throughphrasal verb
looked through; looking through; looks through
Definition of look through
1 : to read or briefly examine some of the pages of (a book, magazine, etc.) She was looking through a magazine as she waited in the doctor's office.
2 : to look at the different parts of (a collection or group of things) I looked through all his letters.
3 : to place one's eyes so as to see through (something) look through a telescope
4 : to pretend not to see or recognize (someone) in a rude or unfriendly way We used to be best friends but when she passed me on the street yesterday she looked (right/straight) through me without even saying hello!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game