look kindly on/uponidiom
Definition of look kindly on/upon
: to approve of (something or someone) Many people do not look kindly on the government's attempt to intervene in this matter. He says that he will look kindly on any request you make.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game