look kindly on/uponidiom
Definition of look kindly on/upon
: to approve of (something or someone) Many people do not look kindly on the government's attempt to intervene in this matter. He says that he will look kindly on any request you make.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game