lo·co ci·ta·to | \ ˈlō(ˌ)kōsīˈtā(ˌ)tō, ˈlä(ˌ)kōsə̇ˈtä(ˌ)tō\
Definition of loco citato
: in the place cited : in the passage quoted —abbreviation loc. cit.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game