Definition of lock bolt
1 : bolt sense 2b
2a : a bolt or pin employing a special locking collar instead of a nut
b : a bolt for securing an adjustable part of a machine in a desired position
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game