live a lieidiom
Definition of live a lie
: to live in a false or deceptive way : to live in a way that does not show who one truly is or what one's feelings truly are Their friends thought that they had a happy marriage, but they were living a lie.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game