lip·o·gram | \ ˈlipəˌgram, ˈlī-\
Definition of lipogram
: a writing composed of words not having a certain letter (as the Odyssey of Tryphiodorus which had no alpha in the first book, no beta in the second, and so on)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?