Definition of lip-smacking
1 : causing the lips to smack in eager anticipation or in delight lip-smacking recipes lip-smacking desserts
2 : excitingly sensational or provocative fervid, lip-smacking stuff— Alexandra Jacobs
3 : markedly gratifying boasted with lip-smacking satisfaction — Sports Illustrated
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game