lin·gu·loid | \ ˈliŋgyəˌlȯid\
Definition of linguloid
(Entry 1 of 3)
: like or like that of a brachiopod of the genus Lingula
Definition of linguloid (Entry 2 of 3)
: a brachiopod resembling or related to those of the genus Lingula
Definition of linguloid (Entry 3 of 3)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game