lin·gue | \ ˈliŋgwā\
Definition of lingue
: a Chilean timber tree (Persea lingue) that is closely related to the avocado, has a bark which is a locally important source of tannin, and yields a lustrous pale brown timber esteemed for cabinetwork and joinery
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game