Definition of lill
(Entry 1 of 3)
now dialectal, England : to allow (the tongue) to hang lill out their tongue like a calf— James Mabbe
Definition of lill (Entry 2 of 3)
: a hole of a wind instrument
variants: or lill pin
Definition of lill (Entry 3 of 3)
: a very small pin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?