Definition of like as
: in the way or manner that : as like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them — Psalms 103:13 (Authorized Version) an eddy there … like as you'd expect— C. S. Forester —now usually used with ifit was … like as if the films suddenly come real— Richard Llewellyn
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game