let the grass grow under one's feetidiom
Definition of let the grass grow under one's feet
: to wait before doing something or to do something slowly —used in negative statements He has never been one to let the grass grow under his feet.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game