let the chips fall where they mayidiom
Definition of let the chips fall where they may
: to allow events to happen without trying to change them —usually used to suggest that one is willing to accept a result, whatever it may be I will run the best campaign I can, then let the chips fall where they may.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game